Platt Byard Dovell White Architects LLP
212 691 2440
PBDW Architects seeks a spirited, enterprising, and career-minded individual to lead the firm’s marketing and communications efforts. Working closely with the firm’s partners, and collaborating with in-house staff and other professionals, the Marketing & Communications Manager will develop and guide the firm’s marketing and communications strategy. The position offers the opportunity to join a forward-thinking team in re-shaping the firm’s approach to marketing, communications, and publicity.
The successful candidate is an outgoing, highly organized self-starter, with the ability to effectively orchestrate and execute a variety of overlapping tasks and initiatives. This candidate will be capable of working productively in both independent and team settings to proactively and effectively manage ongoing and deadline-driven responsibilities.
What you’ll accomplish with us:
• Forecast, plan, and manage all marketing and communications initiatives for the firm, reporting directly to the partners
• Plan and lead weekly marketing and communications meetings, including maintaining agendas and action lists
• Track project leads and proposals, and manage follow-up activities
• Lead the firm’s PR efforts, finding appropriate publicity opportunities for the firm’s projects, maintaining a media calendar, and facilitating the creation of project materials (imagery and writing) suitable to be pitched to the industry’s top publications
• Assemble, design, edit, produce, and help write customized, persuasive proposals (RFPs), qualifications booklets (RFQs), presentations, and award submissions; delegate tasks when necessary
• Monitor and manage development of the firm’s marketing assets, including: photography; firm brochures; project graphics, descriptions, and data; staff resumes/expertise; and branded materials
• Maintain the firm’s website, including managing content, and coordinating programming updates
• Coordinate with and support in-house team in maintaining the firm’s social media presence
• Assist partners and senior staff in preparing for interviews and other presentations
• Produce the firm’s internal newsletter and periodic monthly office presentation, and curate in-office pin-up boards
• Monitor print and online resources for publicly-advertised proposals and awards programs.
• Design and produce postcards, email marketing campaigns, print ads, and additional ad hoc collateral
• Maintain the firm’s central contact database relative to marketing activities
• Monitor websites for publically advertised proposals and awards programs
• Various additional marketing & communications-related tasks as needed
This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits. PBDW is proud to offer a desirable firm culture (great work-life balance, regular happy hours, and lunch & learns), and a competitive benefits package. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 3-5 years of professional experience in marketing, communications, public relations, or related field. Interest or experience in the architecture/design field is preferred, but not required
• Comfort with the Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign especially
• Graphic design experience strongly preferred
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, WordPress, social media platforms
• Strong communication and writing/editing skills required
• Strong organizational skills, time management skills, ability to multi-task, and ability to work in a deadline-driven environment
• Comfort and confidence working directly with senior- and partner-level staff
• Experience with email marketing services (MailChimp) and contact management systems (CMS) preferred
• Detail-oriented, self-starter, quick learner, team player
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Marketing & Communications Manager” in the subject line. Attachments should not exceed 5MB.